At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product, Design & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to enable our Core HR Design & Research team to deliver cutting-edge user experiences that follow a common vision, drive customer satisfaction and have a strong business impact. The Core HR Domain is on a mission to empower organizations for employee self-service and remarkable employee management. We are responsible for Core HR functionalities, such as Absences, Time Tracking, Document, Employee Profiles as well as Analytics & Reporting. We are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers, writers, researchers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations, continuing to grow in 2022.
As a member of the cross-functional leadership, as a Design Manager, you will closely collaborate with our Group Product Manager and Senior Engineering Manager to shape the overall strategy within the Core HR team.
You will be directly hiring and managing designers, researchers and/or writers, coach them on their professional development, and give them day-to-day strategic context and guidance from beyond their immediate circle. You will represent the Core HR Design direction as a stakeholder on cross-functional initiatives, planning, and goal setting.
As part of the Design & Research Leadership team, you will also work on global design challenges and topics, helping us shape and maintain an amazing team culture and an inspiring UX vision that can be holistically applied to our product.Your role scope and responsibilities:
People Management → Hire, coach and retain Design talent, making sure every team member has the support and guidance to perform their best
- Motivate, mentor, and develop the team continuously to keep them growing and engaged
- Drive performance management, making sure every member of the designer & research team has a career plan and receives constant feedback
- Planning and budgeting of new hires
- Actively engaging together with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure we take an active stance on attracting and hiring talent
- Nurture a team culture that is in line with our company values and principles
- Establish a user-centric design process that accounts for the particularities of your space and balances discovery and delivery
- Nurture and maintain a high bar of consistency and quality for design execution
- Help teams increase predictability by supporting estimation and planning of design efforts
- Enable the teams to establish and refine a clear, compelling Design Vision
- Strengthen the communication flow and alignment between UX leadership and Core HR teams
- Become a go-to-person for external stakeholders on Core HR Design/UX topics, creating transparency on the design projects towards the rest of the org
- Work closely with Sr. Engineering Managers and Group Product Managers, making sure the Design/UX perspective is taken into account in strategic decision making
- Monitor the health of the UX and propose initiatives to improve it based on close observation of quantitative and qualitative insights
UX Leadership → Help us shape, implement, and maintain a holistic UX direction that spans across the entire product
- Foster design collaboration across verticals, connecting Designers working on similar challenges, and making sure we optimize for consistent, modular, and reusable solutions
- Guide product building teams towards being a good citizen of our Design System
- Understand the reality of our product by engaging with customer insights continuously and by tagging along or driving customer interviews
- Engage with leaders from other functions or departments to understand their current goals, strategic direction, and the extent of our product capabilities