This role could be fully remote from one of the following countries: Germany, Spain, Ireland, Netherlands or UK.
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! Join our international agile Product, Design & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
The Core HR (Human Resources) Domain is on a mission to empower organizations for employee self-service and remarkable employee management, integrated across domains. We are building our product around the employee lifecycle events, getting hired, getting promotions, getting married, leaving the company, and following the direct implications of these lifecycle events - for employees, managers, and HR managers. Like all our domains, we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers, and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations in several teams. We’ll continue to grow in 2022 and beyond. Join us and help shape Personio’s journey as part of our Core HR Domain.
As a Lead Software Engineer (d/f/m), you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment, and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team. You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations, or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other domains and teams to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!
Specific tasks of a Lead Engineer at Personio:
- Increasing the performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas on how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing, and coaching
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles, and innovation from inside your team
- Driving cross-department engineering initiatives
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy, and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability, and security
- Participate in technical interviews
- Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!