**We are an international company and work together in English. Please apply in English**
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
The Personio UX community brings together over 30 Product Designers, UX Writers, Service Designers and UX Researchers, each with their own unique mix of skills. We combine empathy, data, and creativity to make engaging and joyful user experiences to ultimately humanise HR into a people-oriented experience.
In 2022, the Payroll UX Team will be growing from 6 designers to a large team of 17 practitioners (plus agencies) spread across four Tribes: Payroll Platform, Payroll Service, Personio Payroll and Payroll Integrations. For this reason, we are looking for a Design Manager to provide leadership and direction to the team as well as establish design excellence within the Payroll design practice.
Working in tandem with other design disciplines and connecting the dots between the product experience and Personio’s goal of launching Payroll, our Design Managers will lead a team to design experiences that simplify, humanise and delight our users.Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Build out and lead a team of designers across multiple disciplines: supporting their career growth and development, nurture a safe as well as inclusive space for people (e.g. hiring, team health, diversity and inclusion, design standards). You will be responsible for Product Design, Service Design, Research and Writing.
- As part of a growing design management circle, you will step up to drive specific design operations topics like design critiques, onboarding or team performance guiding your teams through moments of ambiguity.
- Shape the future of our design practice within Payroll: create a compelling vision of the future and craft the internal narrative that rallies teams to deliver a fluid, user-centric and accessible product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers, leadership, and stakeholders to make plans, set priorities and deliver impactful projects. Through this collaboration, your team will deliver best-in-class user experiences to lead the Payroll industry in Europe.
- Uphold design standards and raise the bar of design within the Domain and across the organisation.
- Partner with design leaders and managers across the company to guide and empower their teams.
- Enable and advocate for design in all aspects of our day-to-day: from research and planning to accessibility, behavioural economics, brand expression, strategy and more.
- Innovate on what human-centred Payroll could be for one of Europe’s most ambitious start-ups.