At Personio we are on the amazing journey of exponential customer and product growth. After our recent $125M Series D funding we are the most valuable HR tech company in Europe and we are investing heavily in our Technology Platform.
The mission of the Technology Platform tribe is to ensure Personio is built and operated with excellence. We are responsible for ensuring our application adheres to the highest technical standards, and ensuring our engineers have the tools and infrastructure to achieve this. We measure engineering excellence through core metrics of software development delivery. We use these metrics to drive initiatives that enable our peer engineering teams to build, test, deploy, monitor and operate Personio to the highest industry standards.
In the Developer Experience (DX) team, we enable our own developers to build, test and deploy code quickly, easily and reliably on their own. We focus on maximizing engineering effectiveness, by developing and distributing robust and practical development tools, building scalable devops processes, and advocating for software development best practices.
The DX Engineer is a high-impact, cross-functional role at the heart of our engineering organisation. We support our internal engineering teams throughout the complete development lifecycle of Personio, and we play a key role in enabling them to deprecate our monolith and create a highly scalable microservices architecture with modern tech stacks.
Do you get excited about developer tools, build pipelines, continuous delivery and deploying, running and monitoring highly scalable applications on Kubernetes? Are you interested in guiding, helping and sharing knowledge with fellow developers? Are you eager to solve the challenges that engineers face to improve the entire department’s productivity and provide a delightful developer experience? Then this role is for you!
- You will research, engineer and experiment with new ways to improve developer workflows and devops practices to reduce our Lead Time to Production and increase Deployment Frequency.
- You will maintain and improve Personio’s dev environments and build infrastructure. Your scope will include everything from how services are developed and tested locally, to how they are built and integration-tested using our Gitlab CI/CD pipeline, to how they are rolled out, run and monitored in our production Kubernetes cluster.
- As Lead engineer, you will be the main point of contact for other stakeholders (engineering managers, other teams, etc.), and the technical interface for the team. You will be responsible for aligning and leading the team to solve complex problems in the developer experience domain.
- You will foster relationships and work closely with product teams to support them in the migration of our monolith to microservices architecture, understand their challenges and propose result-oriented solutions to improve their productivity.
- You will also spend time teaching engineers (especially new joiners) how to use our tools, whether by giving internal talks, organising internal onboarding workshops or writing documentation and tutorials.