At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR platform in Europe. Our mission is to make organizations more efficient and save HR managers time so they can focus on their people and the tasks in HR that truly add value.
The real story for us begins by impacting people on a global scale every day. By simplifying and automating thousands of processes across human resource management, payroll, and recruiting, we are impacting more than 200.000 people.And we’ve only just begun. After our new $125M Series D funding, bringing our valuation to $1.7B and thus making us the most valuable HR tech company in Europe, we are growing our team more than ever!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager (f/m/d) who can help us push the boundaries of growth and innovation in a fast-paced environment while leading a new mission-based team as part of the Payroll Tribe in Madrid. You’ll not just get the opportunity to build high-performing interdisciplinary teams, but as a leader get the opportunity to impact engineering, operational, and management excellence within the entire department.
What you will focus on:
- High-performing teams: Build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on the development of the engineers.
- Maximizing impact: Collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute the most impactful initiatives.
- Architecture: Work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and performant products.
- Engineering culture: Build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department.
- Technical excellence: Leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices.
What you will get:
- Autonomy: You’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality.
- Transparency: We’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them.
- Feedback: We firmly believe in learning from each other, for which we embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback.
- Opportunity: You have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, onboarding, and much more.
- Diversity: The best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects.
- Flexibility: There is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective.